8/03/2005

I don't speak French

and normally, find dream conversations dumb. But last night after I was up way too late tinkering with the U.S.S. Mariner, I had a long and involved dream about the site being entirely in French. I took high school French and remember little, but on waking, I looked up what little fragments I remember from the dream and it looks like I managed to dream in correct French.

I have no idea what that means, but the possibility that there's a hidden ocean of languages in my head disturbs and intrigues me. Could I go to Germany, hit my head with a mallet, and suddenly go back to being barely conversationally fluent, which was the height of my fluency gained from a year of brutal college German courses?

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger StanNP said...

Derek,

Oktoberfest starts September 17. You deserve to take a break and go find out if a few maas of Augustiner have the same effect as a mallet.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger DMZ said...

Vwooooooooooooosh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home