11/11/2005

The problem with silent PCs

I put together the new computer over the last couple days (having avoided those Maxtors and instead gone with sweet, sweet Seagates with their 5-year warranty). I took a lot of time picking everything out for maximum quiet, only to find that one component, the video card, has a fairly loud fan and until I go solve *that issue* (likely through buying a replacement specialty fan or otherwise hacking my way out of this) it doesn't really matter if I've solved all the other problems.

I know this is dumb, but it hadn't occurred to me that if I built a PC where everything but one piece was far, far quieter than the old one's corresponding piece, the net reduction in noise would not be all that amazing.

I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home